Uber is a popular ridesharing service that has become increasingly popular in recent years. However, as it has become more popular, it has become a concern as Uber auto accidents are becoming more prevalent. It was reported that from 2017 to 2018, there were 97 fatal crashes that led to 107 deaths. Should you have been injured in an Uber accident, you may want to get in contact with a Downey Uber auto accident lawyer.
What You Should Do If You Have Been Injured As A Passenger in An Uber Accident
If an auto accident has occurred while you were a passenger in an Uber vehicle, there are quite a few things you have to do. If you follow the below tips, you can have a better chance at obtaining compensation from the at-fault party:
- Seek medical attention immediately as often injuries don’t appear until a later stage.
- Call 911 and the police if a unit is not dispatched as they will need to file an auto accident report.
- Make sure to attain all relevant contact information from the Uber driver involved in your accident and any other drivers involved. Additionally, make sure to obtain the Uber driver’s personal insurance policy information.
- Don’t leave the accident scene as you have to stay to speak with the police and ensure that the report states that you were a passenger in the Uber vehicle.
- You need to take pictures of the accident and a screenshot of your Uber app to show that you were a passenger at the time of the accident.
- Get the contact and witness statements from anyone who saw the accident occur.
You Need To Determine Who Is Liable
It’s often difficult to determine who is at fault for your injuries or damages if you have been injured while being a passenger in an Uber vehicle during an auto accident. However, it’s crucial to note that an Uber passenger is almost never the negligent party at fault for the auto accident.
Working with a California auto accident attorney who handles Uber accident claims will help you determine who to file a claim against to try and attain compensation. Fortunately, in most instances, you will be able to claim compensation against an at-fault party that is usually the Uber driver or the Uber organization itself, which must provide coverage when a driver has an active fare. If a third-party driver caused the crash, their insurance coverage will apply.
If the Uber driver was responsible for your injuries as you were a passenger, you could file a personal injury lawsuit against the Uber driver or the Uber organization. However, if another driver was at fault for your Uber auto accident, you will need to file a claim against the driver found to be at fault.
Get In Contact With A California Uber Auto Accident Attorney Today To Discuss Your Claim
It would likely be best to seek legal counsel if you have been a passenger in an Uber vehicle during an auto accident. If you sustained injuries or incurred damages during your auto accident, you could be entitled to compensation. A Downey attorney can help determine who is at fault and guide you on what you need to do.