According to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), 300,000 Californians incur auto accident injuries, with an additional 3,500 losing their lives annually. Regrettably, that also means that thousands of families are forced to deal with financial, health, and emotional burdens due to these accidents.
If you or someone close to you has been injured in a car crash in Riverside, it is vital to seek legal counsel as soon as possible. The sooner you contact a reliable car accident attorney at The JLF Firm, the better your chances of obtaining compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Our Riverside personal injury attorneys understand how devastating a car accident can be. Our goal is to provide our clients with compassionate representation and aggressive advocacy on their behalf. We will work tirelessly to ensure you receive all the benefits available under California law.
Don’t hesitate to take advantage of our free consultations to learn more about your options. Call us today at (888) 341-3071 to schedule yours!
Types of Riverside Car Accident Cases We Handle
The following are some of the most common types of accident cases that most of our clients need help with:
- Auto accidents – When two vehicles collide, it could be because one driver was speeding, distracted by cell phone use, or failed to yield at a stop sign. In addition, drivers who do not wear seat belts increase their risk of being injured in an accident.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcyclists face many risks, including those associated with riding on busy streets. They also must contend with other motorists who fail to yield the right-of-way.
- Hit-and-run accidents: Hit and run accidents occur when someone intentionally leaves the scene of an accident. These incidents are especially dangerous because the person responsible has no regard for others.
- Wrongful death: Wrongful death refers to instances where a loved one dies due to negligence or carelessness of another motorist. For example, if the at-fault driver did not yield the right-of-way, this would constitute wrongful death.
- DUI accidents: Drunk drivers pose a significant threat to public safety. Not only do they endanger themselves, they may also cause property damage and injure other motorists due to reckless driving.
If you or your loved one are involved in any kind of accident, contact our Riverside car accident lawyer today.
Types of Riverside Car Accident Injuries
Auto accident injuries range from mild to life-threatening, depending on the severity of the crash. Some of these injuries include:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is caused when the head strikes the steering wheel during a rear-end collision. The neck muscles become strained and damaged.
- Brain injury: Brain injuries can result from various causes such as concussions and collisions with trees.
- Broken and fractured bones: Broken bones can occur when a passenger hits their extremities on the dashboard during a rollover accident.
- Internal bleeding: Internal bleeding can occur after a car accident. This usually happens when a passenger suffers a broken rib or internal organ damage.
- Burns: Burns can occur in fiery car crashes, as well as when hot fluids come into contact with the skin.
- Lacerations: Lacerations are deep wounds caused by sharp objects that might penetrate the skin during the accident.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injury can be caused by several factors, including whiplash, falls, and vehicle crashes.
Types of Car Collisions We See in Riverside
Undoubtedly, every car accident is unique and requires its own circumstances. However, there are some common types of car accidents that often lead to severe injuries. Here are some examples:
- Rear-end collisions: Rear-end collisions happen when a car collides with the back of another vehicle. They are most likely to occur when a driver fails to see a stopped school bus or a large truck parked on the side of the road.
- T-bone collisions: Side impact or T-bone collisions occur when a car impacts the side of another vehicle, forming the shape of the letter ‘T.’ A side impact mainly occurs when a driver ignores the stop sign or crosses an intersection at the red light.
- Head-on collisions: Head-on collisions occur when two motorists driving in opposite directions collide with each other. These accidents are typically caused by distracted drivers who fail to notice an approaching vehicle.
- Sideswipe accidents: When two vehicles moving parallel to one another collide, they will sideswipe each other. Sideswipes are generally caused by careless drivers who fail to yield the right of way.
Fault Systems and Negligence Determination in California
Before pursuing compensation for your car accident injuries, it is essential to understand how fault works in California. Generally, if you sustain injuries due to someone else’s negligence, you have the right to seek damages from them.
But first, you must prove that a person was negligent. To do this, you need to establish the following elements:
- That the defendant owed you a duty of care;
- That they breached that duty of care; and
- That the breach of his duty of care led to your injuries.
If you cannot meet these requirements, it may be challenging to prove your claim.
But with an experienced Riverside car accident attorney by your side, you can rest easy knowing that you will fulfill all the necessary criteria. We will conduct thorough investigations, interview witnesses, and collect every piece of evidence needed to prove that the defendant was negligent.
Note, however, that the fault system in California is a bit different from other states. California adheres to the comparative negligence principle to establish liability in a car accident claim. That means if both motorists are found to be at fault for the crash, they would be liable for the portion of their fault.
Contact The JLF Firm Today for Help With Your Car Accident in Riverside
At The JLF Firm, we firmly believe that every car accident victim in Riverside deserves fair compensation for their damages. We know that proving negligence in a car accident case can be difficult.
Our team of dedicated attorneys has the experience and resources to help you recover what you deserve. Our firm is committed to providing clients with exceptional service and representation throughout the entire process.
We’ll review your car accident case thoroughly and provide you with a detailed analysis of your options. We also offer free, no-obligation consultations so that you can learn more about our practice areas and determine whether we’re the best fit for your needs.
If you decide to hire us, we’ll handle everything on your behalf. Our goal is to get you the maximum recovery possible under the law. Remember: we don’t charge you anything unless we win!
To schedule a consultation or speak with an experienced car accident attorney in Riverside today, please contact us online or call (888) 341-3071.
Car Accident FAQs
How long do I have to file a car accident claim in California?
You have up to two years from the date of the accident to file a car accident claim.
Do I need a Riverside car accident attorney to make a claim?
Technically, no. But given the complexity of car accident claims, it’s always advisable to consult with an experienced Riverside car accident attorney before making any decisions.